That’s what “lobbying effort” means.
Chamber to unveil pro-business lobbying effort
The group plans to announce an agenda that includes attacking regulations covering labor, energy, healthcare and financial services, which it says it hampering the economic recovery.
November 15, 2010 | By Tom Hamburger and Noam N. Levey, Los Angeles Times
Reporting from Washington – After spending a record amount this election season to change the balance of power in Washington, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce this week plans to announce a pro-business agenda that will include attacking federal regulations in four areas: labor, energy, healthcare and financial services.
The business organization’s leaders will announce their targets Wednesday, arguing that excessive government regulation is hampering economic recovery.
“American businesses are sinking under its weight,” chamber President Thomas J. Donohue said Monday.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.