Stay Away From U.K. or Face Possible Arrest
Global pressure mounts for Indictment and Prosecution
Even London’s conservative mayor has now sent a strong message to Bush: stay away from Britain and other countries during his book tour because he could be arrested as a war criminal for ordering the use of torture.
Bush brags in his book that he took responsibility for the use of torture tactics against detainees. “Damn right,” he asserts proudly, in keeping with his thuggish personality.
London Mayor Boris Johnson wrote:
“It is not yet clear whether George W Bush is planning to cross the Atlantic to flog us his memoirs, but if I were his PR people I would urge caution. As book tours go, this one would be an absolute corker. It is not just that every European capital would be brought to a standstill, as book-signings turned into anti-war riots. The real trouble – from the Bush point of view – is that he might never see Texas again.”
Mayor Johnson reminds Bush that former Chilean dictator Augusto Pincohet was eventually arrested in the UK for his crimes against the people of Chile.
Johnson speculates that if Bush comes to Britain officials could “place some handcuffs on the former leader of the Free World, and take him away to be charged. Of course, we are told this scenario is unlikely. Dubya is the former leader of a friendly power, with whom this country is determined to have good relations. But that is what torture-authorising Augusto Pinochet thought. And unlike Pinochet, Mr Bush is making no bones about what he has done.”
The global movement for indictment and prosecution is in full swing. The Indict Bush movement is staging demonstrations, rallies, writing letters to the editor, providing a dramatic counterpoint to Bush wherever he appears, sending tens of thousands of letters to Attorney General Eric Holder and lobbying members of Congress.
— From Ramsey Clark and all of us at IndictBushNow, have a happy Thanksgiving.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.