Stay Away From U.K. or Face Possible Arrest
Global pressure mounts for Indictment and Prosecution
Even London’s conservative mayor has now sent a strong message to Bush: stay away from Britain and other countries during his book tour because he could be arrested as a war criminal for ordering the use of torture.
Bush brags in his book that he took responsibility for the use of torture tactics against detainees. “Damn right,” he asserts proudly, in keeping with his thuggish personality.
London Mayor Boris Johnson wrote:
“It is not yet clear whether George W Bush is planning to cross the Atlantic to flog us his memoirs, but if I were his PR people I would urge caution. As book tours go, this one would be an absolute corker. It is not just that every European capital would be brought to a standstill, as book-signings turned into anti-war riots. The real trouble – from the Bush point of view – is that he might never see Texas again.”
Mayor Johnson reminds Bush that former Chilean dictator Augusto Pincohet was eventually arrested in the UK for his crimes against the people of Chile.
Johnson speculates that if Bush comes to Britain officials could “place some handcuffs on the former leader of the Free World, and take him away to be charged. Of course, we are told this scenario is unlikely. Dubya is the former leader of a friendly power, with whom this country is determined to have good relations. But that is what torture-authorising Augusto Pinochet thought. And unlike Pinochet, Mr Bush is making no bones about what he has done.”
The global movement for indictment and prosecution is in full swing. The Indict Bush movement is staging demonstrations, rallies, writing letters to the editor, providing a dramatic counterpoint to Bush wherever he appears, sending tens of thousands of letters to Attorney General Eric Holder and lobbying members of Congress.
— From Ramsey Clark and all of us at IndictBushNow, have a happy Thanksgiving.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.