There may be a bright side to the Olbermann disgrace, as it may help to mobilize a drive to block the Comcasr/NBC merger. Although GE’s domination has, of course, been bad enough, Comcast’s would be a disaster, as that outfit is a fervent gang of Busheviks.
Here, from Ellen LaVan Schindler, are some pertinent articles.
November 02, 2010 03:00 PM
After Cablevision Blackout, FCC May Take A Closer Look At Comcast Merger
Congresswoman Waters Again Expresses Concerns about Comcast-NBC Merger In Light of News Corp. Actions Denying Fox Programs to Cablevision Subscribers (of course she has other problems)
Democraticunderground.com is on it
October 5, 2010 NYTimes story
I saw on one site that Mike Malloy had discussed it, but I couldn’t find anything there. However, he does have a forward to the PCCC Olbermann petition. http://www.mikemalloy.com/
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.