Glenn Beck is the worst kind of conspiracy theorist, operating in the great tradition
of Father Coughlin, Gerald L.K. Smith, Pat Robertson and countless other demogogues
who’ve pointed to a secret global network of pure evil, dedicated to the ruination and
enslavement of all good Americans (i.e., white Christians) for the sake of its own alien
(i.e., Jewish/Negro) empire.
Such is the not-so-subtle subtext of Beck’s rants against, say, George Soros in particular
(and not the ruling elites of world capital in general), and his fevered jeremiads against
Obama as a “racist” demogogue. (Paranoids tend to be malign projectors of their own
malignity onto the objects of their wrath.) The fascist thrust of Glenn Beck’s paranoia
came quite clear when he recently extolled The Red Network, a self-published classic
(1935) of crackpot dot-connecting, by Elizabeth Dilling, whose views of “Jewry” shortly
made her a fierce Hitlerite. (During the war, she was listed as a pro-Axis subversive.)
On his TV show, Beck waved around a copy of that book, and hailed its author for
having done exactly what he’s trying to do today.
So where were, and where are, the MSM attacks on Glenn Beck as conspiracy theorist?
Why does his wild, proto-fascist speculation get a daily pass, while any effort to discuss
the mysteries of 9/11, or the evidence of vast election fraud–however sober and well-
evidenced such talk may be–is instantly deplored and/or laughed off as mere
“conspiracy theory,” posing some grave danger to our national mental health?
And now here’s Byron Williams, a would-be mass murderer, who hails Beck as the
“schoolteacher” who opened up his eyes–thereby inspiring him to plan a bloodbath
at the Tides Foundation (often named by Beck as a big player in the “conspiracy”).
(Beck sees Tides and ACORN as Obama’s co-conspirators–this mad conspiracist
also being a staunch denialist when it comes to 9/11 and Republican election fraud.)
So how long will “the liberal media,” and the Establishment it serves, keep mum about
Beck’s poisoned tongue? Probably as long as they continue to approve his one-man
drive against “the left,” even if they find his style distasteful.
7 Comments to “Would-be murderer calls Glenn Beck his “schoolteacher””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.