US Military Continues to Embeds Active-duty PSYOPS soldiers at local TV Stations
by Peter Phillips
Ten years ago in Censored 2001 yearbook reported on how U.S. Army’s Psychological Operations Personnel Worked at CNN. http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/3-us-armys-psychological-operations-personnel-worked-at-cnn/
From June 1999 to March 2000, CNN employed military specialists in ‘psychological operations’ (Psyops) in their Southeast TV bureau and CNN radio division “Psyops personnel, soldiers, and officers, have been working in CNN’s headquarters in Atlanta through our program ‘Training With Industry,’” Major Thomas Collins of the U.S. Army Information Service said in a telephone interview on February 18, 2000. Collins asserted, “They worked as regular employees of CNN.
Conceivably, they would have worked on stories during the Kosovo war. They helped in the production of news.”
Psyops also had team members working at National Public Radio (NPR). This prompted two NPR stories on the program “All Things Considered.” Jeffrey Dvorkin, NPR’s vice president for news, stated, “We recruited from the army and got three interns, and that was a mistake. And when we discovered that they were from Psyops branch, we finished the arrangement, and it won’t happen again.”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- 77 million Americans face debt collectors
- A look back at how the US destroyed Libya
- Howling over Putin’s crimes (?), US backs the killers in Ukraine and Gaza
- Why do university administrators get paid so much (and for doing WHAT, exactly)?
- How natural gas—Obama’s panacea—-makes global warming WORSE
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- URGENT! Don and Lori Siegelman need your help!
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.