US Military Continues to Embeds Active-duty PSYOPS soldiers at local TV Stations
by Peter Phillips
Ten years ago in Censored 2001 yearbook reported on how U.S. Army’s Psychological Operations Personnel Worked at CNN. http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/3-us-armys-psychological-operations-personnel-worked-at-cnn/
From June 1999 to March 2000, CNN employed military specialists in ‘psychological operations’ (Psyops) in their Southeast TV bureau and CNN radio division “Psyops personnel, soldiers, and officers, have been working in CNN’s headquarters in Atlanta through our program ‘Training With Industry,'” Major Thomas Collins of the U.S. Army Information Service said in a telephone interview on February 18, 2000. Collins asserted, “They worked as regular employees of CNN.
Conceivably, they would have worked on stories during the Kosovo war. They helped in the production of news.”
Psyops also had team members working at National Public Radio (NPR). This prompted two NPR stories on the program “All Things Considered.” Jeffrey Dvorkin, NPR’s vice president for news, stated, “We recruited from the army and got three interns, and that was a mistake. And when we discovered that they were from Psyops branch, we finished the arrangement, and it won’t happen again.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- NYU reneges on its loud promises to pay the migrant workers who built its Abu Dhabi campus
- Why did Bernie pull his punches?
- OOPS! Victim testimonies in UK child sex abuse inquiry ALL DELETED (quite by accident, of course)
- “Untold number of civilians” slaughtered by Obama’s (airborne) Murder, Inc.
- To censor a live feed of the debate, CNN shuts down @Bernie2016tv
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.