“Ghost Democracy: The Disappearance of the Vote in the United States”
Mark Crispin Miller is a Professor of Media, Culture and Communication at New York University and a
well-known public intellectual. His writings on film, television, propaganda, advertising and the culture
industries have appeared in numerous journals and newspapers the world over, and on his blog News
from Underground (markcrispinmiller.com). He is the author of several books, including Boxed In: The
Culture of TV (1998); The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder (2001); Cruel and
Unusual: Bush/Cheney’s New World Order (2004) and Fooled Again: The Real Case for Electoral Reform
(2005). He is the editor of Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy, 2000-2008
(2008). He is also editor of Discovering America, a new book series from the University of Texas Press.
He is currently at work on The Marlboro Man: An American Success Story, to be published by Yale
University Press in 2011.
Friday October 8th, 2010
2:00 – 4:00 pm
University of Guelph Library
SETS SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
AND THEATRE STUDIES
F R E E A N D O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.