I’m delighted to announce that Jeff and Damon (who have each spoken at the bookstore in the past) will appear again, this time together, at McNally Jackson next Tuesday evening.
This is more than fitting, as that day is, of course, Election Day, which is likely to see several victories (or “victories”) for theocratic candidates all over; and both Jeff and Damon are renowned as fierce and eloquent defenders of our secular democracy against such Christianist subversion. They’ll be here to talk about, and sign copies of, their new books, C Street and The Religious Test.
Jeff Sharlet, author of C Street and Damon Linker, author of The Religious Test will speak on Tuesday, Nov. 2, at 7:00 p.m., at the McNally Jackson Bookstore, 52 Prince Street (b/t Lafayette & Mulberry), NYC.
Hosted by author, professor and activist Mark Crispin Miller.
Jeff Sharlet, New York Times bestselling author of The Family, is a contributing editor for Harper’s and Rolling Stone, the coauthor, with Peter Manseau, of Killing the Buddha, and the editor of TheRevealer.org. He has written for Mother Jones, the Washington Post, The Nation, The New Republic, and many other magazines and newspapers, and he has commented on religion and politics for NBC Nightly News, The Daily Show, the Rachel Maddow Show, Fresh Air, Morning Edition, and more. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Damon Linker is a Contributing Editor of The New Republic and a Senior Writing Fellow in the Center for Critical Writing at the University of Pennsylvania. He also blogs about religion, culture, and politics for The New Republic. His essays and reviews have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Commentary, National Review, The Weekly Standard, Policy Review, The Public Interest, The Review of Politics, The Review of Metaphysics, and the American Behavioral Scientist.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.