Durbin: IRS should probe Crossroads
By: Meredith Shiner
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) called on the Internal Revenue Service Tuesday to investigate the tax status of Crossroads Grassroots Political Strategies and “other organizations that are directing millions of dollars into political advertising without disclosing their funding sources.”
The request from the Senate’s No. 2 Democrat comes in the midst of a push from the White House to cast doubt on the funding sources of groups like Crossroads GPS – founded by GOP strategists Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie – or the traditionally Republican-friendly Chamber of Commerce.
Crossroads GPS “has spent nearly $20 million on television advertising specific to Senate campaigns this year. If this political activity is indeed the primary activity of the organization, it raises serious questions about the organization’s compliance with the Internal Revenue Code,” Durbin wrote.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.