Actually, they should be banned everywhere in the United States.
So why are the Republicans demanding such a righteous step? After all, ES&S machines have helped Republicans to “win” in contest after contest since 2000–ES&S itself having long been a closely GOP-connected company. (It was founded by the Christianists Bob and Todd Urosevich, and had Chuck Hagel as its CEO for four years–right up until he quit to run for the Senate from Nebraska, where they used ES&S machines to “count” the votes that twice “elected” him.)
And, therefore, why is it that the Democrats have never called for any ban on, or investigation of, ES&S? Why have they never uttered so much as a peep about the insecurity or easy hackability of those machines, or the peculiar tendency of those machines to freeze, break down, vote-flip or otherwise malfunction to the clear advantage of the GOP (until just now)?
Thus have the Democrats been thoroughly, if passively, complicit in their own destruction. We therefore care about all this, not for their sake, but for the sake of the electorate, whose interests finally matter not at all to either party, notwithstanding all the “populist” baloney lately handed out by the Republicans and their hysterical “Tea Party” dupes.
NC GOP Files Lawsuit Over Touch-screen Vote Flipping
GOP attorney: ES&S iVotronic ‘systems should have been banned’
Officials: Just ‘isolated’ probs, ‘no different than every election’…
[UPDATE 10/29/10, 12:22pm PT: The North Carolina Republican Party has now filed suit against the State Board of Elections “alleging that touch-screen machines are thwarting efforts by voters to cast Republican ballots,” according to AP’s brief coverage now here…]
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.