And that’s not the only bombshell noted by computer scientist J. Alex Halderman, who, with his team of students, managed to hack into the infrastructure of DC’s new Internet vote scheme, and testified about it all last Friday.
Let us say again, as we have said so many times before, that Internet voting is an absolutely horrible idea–yet DC’s election officials forged ahead with their new system, to enable overseas and military voters to cast on-line ballots.
Please read Brad Friedman’s full report on Halderman’s eye-popping testimony–and send it far and wide, as there are still too many people out there who believe that Internet voting is a swell idea.
There is no substitute for hand-counted paper ballots. Certainly elections based on that old-fashioned system have been stolen countless times–but the computerized alternatives are infinitely worse.
Iranian, Chinese Computers Also Discovered to Have Been Hacking D.C. Internet Voting System
By Brad Friedman on 10/11/2010 6:05am
A University of Michigan computer scientist and his team were not the only ones attempting to hack the Internet Vote scheme that Washington D.C. had planned to roll out for actual use with military and overseas voters in this November’s mid-term election.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.