SANDERS & MANSKI: Wisconsin must protect voting rights in this election
Henry Sanders, Jr & Ben Manski
The Capital Times
September 12, 2010
In committing election crimes, who is the perpetrator, and who is the victim?
In a little-noticed announcement a few weeks ago, Republican Attorney General JB Van Hollen began a new campaign to crack down on so-called “voter fraud,” saying that, “elections are undermined when people engage in unlawful voting or otherwise commit fraud on the elections process.”
There are certainly major problems plaguing American elections, but widespread voter fraud is not one of them. Since the 2000 election, the Republican Party, its officials, and its funders have spent millions of dollars in failed attempts to convince us that unlawful voting is a grave threat to election integrity. Yet they have not produced a single case in which this supposed threat has impacted the outcome of an election in any way.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.