From Gianni Ortiz:
Can you help get the word out? They are definitely going to use the egg recall to push S510 (Food Safety Bill) through – this is very serious. People need to call their senator’s office and get them to endorse the Tester Amendments and insist they are included in the bill, improving it by making it scale appropriate and science based. Voting against a “Food Safety’ bill would be about as popular with an uninformed public as voting against something called The Patriot Act (and we all know how that turned out). The title of the bill is extremely misleading: in its current form, it actually endangers the very existence of the safest part of the food system, small farms and producers which have the shortest chain of custody and therefore the highest level of tracability and accountability.
Whether or not they use the egg recall to rush its passage, we must demand amendment of
S510, the so-called Food Safety Modernization Act–which should be known as the
Monsanto Protection Act, as, unless it is amended, it “would give Monsanto unlimited
power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming,” to quote Steve Green (below).
Since Pres. Obama is a big (if quiet) Monsanto booster, do not for a moment think that he
would veto this appalling legislation.
So please do everything you can to get this bill amended; or else this law will force Monsanto’s product–literally–down every throat in the United States.
Public Interest Groups Get it Wrong on Egg Recall
Local Foods are the Answer – Not Government Agencies
by Alyce Ortuzar
It is obvious from this egg recall that neither the FDA nor the USDA
has any understanding of nutrition or food safety. So they should not
be telling Americans what to eat, what is nutritious, or what is safe.
S 510 is hissing in the grass
S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US.
By Steve Green
2 Comments to “Those tainted eggs, and Monsanto’s horrible “food safety” bill (2 items)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.