Let’s heed this urgent call–and also understand that all the money spent by corporations after Citizens United can and will be used not just “to influence the outcome of elections.”
That lavish spending also can, and surely will, serve as a handy “explanation” for elections stolen by the GOP. Wherever a Republican pulls off the usual “stunning upset victory,” the press will shrug off the anomalies, however many and astounding they may be, by noting all the money spent on that Republican’s behalf.
So, while we support this push against Karl Rove et al., we also have to keep on trying to spread the word about the theft of our elections since 2000–including those that took place just this year (in Massachusetts, Delaware and South Carolina)–as well as all the evidence that other thefts are in the works for this Election Day.
Save American Democracy, or What’s Left of It
by: Kevin Zeese, t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed
This is the first election after the Citizens United decision which gave corporations complete freedom to spend as much money as they want to influence the outcome of elections.
Citizens beware. Citizens get active. Citizens get organized. Our fragile democracy is at grave risk.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.