Sent: 9/29/2010 11:34:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Russ Feingold's in trouble
The latest polls show that Sen. Russ Feingold is in serious danger of losing in November-and we simply can’t afford to let that happen. We’re aiming to raise $300,000 for his campaign before tomorrow’s fundraising deadline. Can you chip in $15?
Dear MoveOn member,
Red alert: The latest polls show that Senator Russ Feingold could lose in November. They all have him down by at least 6 points against a tea party Republican who actually thinks climate change is caused by sunspots.1
There’s no better, more principled Democrat in Washington than Sen. Feingold: The only senator to vote against the Patriot Act. A steadfast opponent of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And a passionate crusader against corporate influence in politics.
But since those very corporate interests have already spent $650,000 trying to defeat him, he’s now facing the fight of his political life.2 Because keeping Sen. Feingold’s voice in the Senate is so important, this race has become our top national priority.
Sen. Feingold’s campaign is up against a critical fundraising deadline that expires tomorrow. Right now he urgently needs the resources to expand his grassroots campaign, reach out to more voters and get his message out in Wisconsin. We’re aiming to raise $300,000 for Sen. Feingold’s campaign before the deadline. Can you chip in $15?
Tomorrow’s critical fundaising deadline will send a message to the pundits and election watchers. If progressive champs like Sen. Feingold show a surge of grassroots support, it will signal that progressives who stand up against corporate lobbyists and right-wing extremism can win big this year.
And Sen. Feingold isn’t the only progressive hero who is facing a tough battle right now.
Rep. Alan Grayson is in a really close race against right-wing Republican Dan Webster. Grayson has been an outspoken and bold advocate on issue after issue-from reining in Wall Street to health care reform-and he is running a tight race against an anti-choice Republican who even thinks divorce should be illegal in some cases.3
And polls are just as tight for progressive hero Tom Perriello. Rep. Perriello’s opponent is campaigning to repeal health care reform and make the Bush tax cuts for the rich permanent.4
If these champs can get enough resources by the deadline, they can get their message on the air, recruit more volunteers, reach out to more voters, and go into the final stretch of this election with a strong hand.
Can you chip in $15 to support Sen. Feingold and other key progressive heroes in tight races before the deadline?
Thanks for all you do.
-Michael, Joan, Anna, Jeff, and the rest of the team
1. “2010 Wisconsin Senate General Election: Ron Johnson (R) vs Sen. Russ Feingold (D),” Pollster.com, accessed September 23, 2010
“Sunspots are behind climate change, Johnson says,” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, August 16, 2010
2. “Campaign Cash: Who’s spending where in 2010, Wisconsin Senate race,” The Washington Post, accessed September 23, 2010
3. Daniel Webster for Congress, “Issues”
“Grayson TV ad compares Webster to Taliban,” Orlando Sentinel, September 26, 2010
4.”Va. 5th district congressional GOP candidate Robert Hurt stumps in 6th district,” Washington Examiner, September 22, 2010
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.