From Shelley Rogers:
Hungry Filmmakers IV — A Featured Event of Eat, Drink Local Week
New York’s finest gathering of film and food will return for its fourth program at Anthology Film Archives on September 28, 2010. The event was founded with the aim of drawing more audiences to up-and-coming documentary films and the urgent food-related topics they concern in a lively atmosphere that promotes discussion. Hungry Filmmakers is proud to participate in Eat, Drink Local Week, a week-long celebration of food throughout the city.
Hungry Filmmakers IV schedule includes films that explore fascinating niches of our food culture. From evaluating the healthy advantages and disadvantages of Southern food in Byron Hurt’s Soul Food Junkies, to a profound look at beekeeping in Taggart Siegel’s Queen of the Sun; a feminist tale of hunting in Ashley Chiles’ The Texas Huntress, and the troubled state of our water supply in Sam Bozzo’s Blue Gold, Hungry Filmmakers IV will offer a smorgasbord of cinematic feast. Starved for Attention exposes the neglected and largely invisible crisis of childhood malnutrition.
Audiences experience a dynamic ten-minute excerpt from each film, followed by a panel discussion with the filmmakers or representatives from each. The panel will be moderated by Nicole Taylor, host of Heritage Radio Network’s “Hot Grease” and self-styled “food culturalist.”
- Blue Gold: World Water Wars by Sam Bozzo
- Queen of the Sun by Taggart Siegel
- The Texas Huntress by Ashley Chiles
- Starved for Attention by Jeremiah Zagar and Jeremy Yachts
- Soul Food Junkies by Byron Hurt
When: September 28, 2010 @ 7:30PM
Anthology Film Archives
32 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10003
Doors open at 7:00PM. Screenings begin promptly at 7:30PM. Wine, beer and hors d’oeuvres will be served in the lobby after the program. Our sponsors include: Jimmy’s No. 43, Lagunitas Beer, NY State Wine & Grape Association, Red Jacket Orchards, My Friend’s Mustard and Utz.
Tickets are available for advance purchase at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/128611
Hungry Filmmakers is a not-for-profit event hosted by Shelley Rogers, Cathy Erway, Tim Lynch and Jimmy’s No. 43. Donations will be made to Just Food and Brooklyn Food Coalition, organizations dedicated to improving access to fresh, seasonal, sustainable food for all New York City residents. Find out more about us at: http://hungryfilmmakers.blogspot.com/
WHAT’S “ORGANIC” ABOUT ORGANIC?
The back road to real answers.
Co-Curator, Hungry Filmmakers
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.