From Maggie Richards:
Just heard from my son who was working on one of the cleanup crews for BP.
He tells me that the crew he was working with got laid off because they were finding too much oil. Last week at the Perdido Key National Sea Shore (Ft. McRae), they removed over 11,000 pounds of oil in 4 days. He said that they were told they could dig as deep as 6 inches. They removed these sheets of oil/tar–NOT tarballs–at 4 inches. He called it “a tar carpet.”
BP immediately, upon learning about this, replaced this entire crew with a crew that was known for their sloppy work.
He’s not exaggerating. The local TV station carried this story a couple days ago& showed BP authorities ordering the TV crew away from the beach when they went in with a small child size shovel and
I don’t mind that my son was laid off because I have been concerned the whole time about what the hell he might be breathing in that mess, not to mention what other damage it could cause.
They are doing everything possible to cover up their crimes. It does piss me off that the proof is right here that BP is lying their ass off and no one is calling those bastards on it. It pisses me off more that this damn company can come into our country and try to tell people that they cannot go on the beach, cannot photograph the area etc. Who the hell gave them that authority?
If I could afford it I would be out there every day of the week asking those questions. And I would be taking pictures.
4 Comments to “BP cleanup crew in Florida laid off “because they were finding too much oil””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.