AlterNet: Rightwing DIGG Group Caught ‘Burying’ Stories From The BRAD BLOG, Other Progressives
By Brad Friedman
As usual, when Rightwingers can’t win outright, they cheat. Such is the case on the very popular social aggregator website DIGG, as documented today at Alternet.
We’ve suspected for quite some time that links to The BRAD BLOG’s articles as posted on DIGG have been quickly “buried” by Rightwingers hoping to keep our stories from reaching the front page — or even the “upcoming” page, where others might see the story rising in DIGG “votes,” so that it might then be propelled to the front page, where millions more would then see the link to the article.
The AlterNet piece details a “massive” Rightwing cabal which has been doing exactly that, and we weren’t particularly surprised when we found The BRAD BLOG named in the piece as one of several non-wingnut websites that have been targeted for “burial” by a Rightwing group of Internet hacks calling themselves “Digg Patriots”…
Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered
Posted by oleoleolson on @ 4:40 am
Article printed from speakeasy: http://blogs.alternet.org/oleoleolson
A group of influential conservative members of the behemoth social media site Digg.com have just been caught red-handed in a widespread campaign of censorship, having multiple accounts, upvote padding, and deliberately trying to ban progressives. An undercover investigation has exposed this effort, which has been in action for more than one year.
“The more liberal stories that were buried the better chance conservative stories have to get to the front page. I’ll continue to bury their submissions until they change their ways and become conservatives.”
-phoenixtx (aka vrayz)
Digg.com is the powerhouse of social media websites. It is ranked 50th among US websites by Alexa (117th in the world), by far the most influential social media site. It reached one million users in 2007 and likely has more than tripled that by this point. Digg generates around 25 million page views per month, over one third of the page views of the NY Times. Front page stories regularly overwhelm and temporarily shut down websites in a process called the “Digg Effect.”
One Comment to “Rightist bloc at DIGG caught “burying” BradBlog stories, among others”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.