From Richard Charnin:
I disagree with the premise that ALL Internet voting is bad.
Actually, if the votes are entered at the precinct and uploaded to
the Internet for tabulation, with PROPER controls (given below) you
can have a nearly foolproof nationwide system.
In Appendix E of my book, I propose a national voting system in which
votes are entered on a PC by three observers. The votes MUST BE
POSTED IN FULL PUBLIC VIEW BY USER ID CODE at the precinct.
Individual ballot data records are uploaded to the Internet
ANY individual or group can download the vote data for any or ALL
precincts in the state. They and CHECK the aggregated district and
county totals (calculated by OPEN SOURCE CODE ON THEIR OWN PCs.
Triple data redundancy:
1- Votes posted at the precinct.
2- Each Voter has a ballot copy
3- Votes are recorded on the Internet by precinct code/user ID
5- Votes are tabulated on the Net by Open Source and by an individual
using a standard spreadsheet
THE KEY IS DATA REDUNDANCY, OPEN SOURCE AND UNIVERSAL DATA ACCESS
THE VOTER IS IN CONTROL AND CAN CHECK FOR ANY MISCOUNTS. HE HAS HIS
OWN BALLOT COPY AS WELL AS THE POSTED PRECINCT SUMMARY TO CHECK IT
It is a simple, cost effective, secure and redundant. That’s why it
has not been and never will be implemented.
Now, if you see a flaw in this VERY INEXPENSIVE SYSTEM, tell me.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- USA is a “world leader” in child poverty
- YouTube link for that video of the Texan freedom fighter
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn’t just the drones…)
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11
- “The Abuse of Satire”: Garry Trudeau nails the Charlie Hebdo craze
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- For their Statement of No Confidence in drone war consigliere Harold Koh, NYU law students feel the heat from their professors
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn't just the drones...)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.