From Richard Charnin:
I disagree with the premise that ALL Internet voting is bad.
Actually, if the votes are entered at the precinct and uploaded to
the Internet for tabulation, with PROPER controls (given below) you
can have a nearly foolproof nationwide system.
In Appendix E of my book, I propose a national voting system in which
votes are entered on a PC by three observers. The votes MUST BE
POSTED IN FULL PUBLIC VIEW BY USER ID CODE at the precinct.
Individual ballot data records are uploaded to the Internet
ANY individual or group can download the vote data for any or ALL
precincts in the state. They and CHECK the aggregated district and
county totals (calculated by OPEN SOURCE CODE ON THEIR OWN PCs.
Triple data redundancy:
1- Votes posted at the precinct.
2- Each Voter has a ballot copy
3- Votes are recorded on the Internet by precinct code/user ID
5- Votes are tabulated on the Net by Open Source and by an individual
using a standard spreadsheet
THE KEY IS DATA REDUNDANCY, OPEN SOURCE AND UNIVERSAL DATA ACCESS
THE VOTER IS IN CONTROL AND CAN CHECK FOR ANY MISCOUNTS. HE HAS HIS
OWN BALLOT COPY AS WELL AS THE POSTED PRECINCT SUMMARY TO CHECK IT
It is a simple, cost effective, secure and redundant. That’s why it
has not been and never will be implemented.
Now, if you see a flaw in this VERY INEXPENSIVE SYSTEM, tell me.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- MCM talks about Forbidden Bookshelf (dynamite interview with Peter B. Collins)
- St. Louis cops pick off another citizen, then lie about it (VIDEO)
- This is the way the world ends—not with a bang, but a Happy Meal
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- best diaper bag reviews on Prop 89
- Defective Airbag on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- wine bar lakeland on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Shooting unarmed black men is a normal thing for US cops, who often get away with it
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes' Fahrad Manjoo blames "incivility"—not the state or corporations
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.