From Richard Charnin:
I disagree with the premise that ALL Internet voting is bad.
Actually, if the votes are entered at the precinct and uploaded to
the Internet for tabulation, with PROPER controls (given below) you
can have a nearly foolproof nationwide system.
In Appendix E of my book, I propose a national voting system in which
votes are entered on a PC by three observers. The votes MUST BE
POSTED IN FULL PUBLIC VIEW BY USER ID CODE at the precinct.
Individual ballot data records are uploaded to the Internet
ANY individual or group can download the vote data for any or ALL
precincts in the state. They and CHECK the aggregated district and
county totals (calculated by OPEN SOURCE CODE ON THEIR OWN PCs.
Triple data redundancy:
1- Votes posted at the precinct.
2- Each Voter has a ballot copy
3- Votes are recorded on the Internet by precinct code/user ID
5- Votes are tabulated on the Net by Open Source and by an individual
using a standard spreadsheet
THE KEY IS DATA REDUNDANCY, OPEN SOURCE AND UNIVERSAL DATA ACCESS
THE VOTER IS IN CONTROL AND CAN CHECK FOR ANY MISCOUNTS. HE HAS HIS
OWN BALLOT COPY AS WELL AS THE POSTED PRECINCT SUMMARY TO CHECK IT
It is a simple, cost effective, secure and redundant. That’s why it
has not been and never will be implemented.
Now, if you see a flaw in this VERY INEXPENSIVE SYSTEM, tell me.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Nailed by all-white jury for "election fraud," Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.