Here’s Why the Broadband Debate Matters For You
by Jamilah King
ColorLines | August 13 2010
So what’s the big deal with Google, anyway? Broadband and Internet regulation have been in the news a lot this week-and activists are converging on the company’s headquarters this afternoon to protest its recent
proposal with Verizon. There are a lot of big, techy words in this debate and it can get hard to follow. So
here’s a primer on what it’s all about, and why it matters to communities of color.
A paper trail of betrayal: Google’s net neutrality collapse
By Matthew Lasar
ars technica | August 11, 2010
Like the rest of the technology world, we’re wondering why Google has chosen to ally itself with Verizon,
issuing a set of joint net neutrality recommendations that critics charge would significantly weaken the
Federal Communications Commission’s ability to protect the open Internet.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.