“They Just Don’t Know Who They’re Messing With”
An ex-BP media wrangler in the Gulf blows the whistle on the company’s information stranglehold.
By Kate Sheppard
If you’ve been reading Mother Jones lately, you’ve heard about BP’s stranglehold on media access  in the Gulf, which has included preventing reporters from visting oil-soaked public beaches and barring its spill cleanup workers from talking to the press . Now, one of BP’s ex-media enforcers is speaking out.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.