So now, with the non-story of the New Black Panthers’ mythic “voter fraud” in Philadelphia, the WashPost‘s ombudsman, Andrew Alexander, is doing the same bad job that NYTimes ombudsman Clark Hoyt did with the non-story of the phoney ACORN “exposé” which all but wrecked that outfit.
It’s a bad job because the point of all such propaganda tales is to facilitate the theft of several races this November by the GOP–a crime that will be all the easier not to notice, if the media has everybody seeing the Republicans as victims, and the Democrats as perpetrators, of election fraud and vote suppression, Karl Rove’s two main specialties.
And that bad job is sure to be all that much easier still, what with the media repeating and repeating that the Democrats can’t possibly prevail this fall, and that the Tea-Baggers are flourishing, etc., etc.
I say all this not as a Democrat–as I am not a Democrat, because thatparty is, in its own passive way, complicit in the theft of our elections, as it just keeps on doing nothing whatsoever to reform (i.e., replace) our shockingly defective voting system.
I say this, rather, as a dogged independent, who keeps doggedly believing in democracy– which will be finished in the USA if we don’t somehow get this subject on the national agenda (along with media reform and campaign finance reform).
WashPost Ombudsman Falls for Fox’s Latest Trumped-Up ‘Outrage’ over ‘New Black Panther Party’ Non-Story
by Brad Friedman
If you didn’t already know that the latest Fox “News” fake “outrage” about the jackass from the New Black Panther Party who was caught on video standing outside a Philadelphia polling place with a nightstick in 2008 was another predictably trumped-up Rightwing scam story, Jamison Foser will help you understand why that is.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.