Time to Nationalize BP!
* Private Industry Puts Profit Before People And Our Whole World *
BP: The Case for Public Ownership
In These Times – by Billy Wharton – 1 July 2010 – If arrogant disregard for humanity and the natural world were qualities that triggered the seizure of assets, BP would have been under public ownership long ago. It still isn’t.
BP’S CRIMINAL ACT OF POLLUTING THE GULF OF MEXICO with an estimated 2.5 million gallons of oil per day – easily the worst environmental disaster in American history, and on the verge of becoming the worst ever in the Gulf – is only half the reason that U.S. assets of the global energy giant should be brought under public control immediately. The other is the increasingly desperate crisis of global warming triggered, in large part, by a suicidal dependence on pollution-producing fossil fuels. Public ownership is the answer to both the short-term crisis caused by BP and the longer-term threat to the ecological stability of our planet.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.