John Paulson’s $20MM gift to New York University is to endow a chair in Economics named after Alan Greenspan. This might have slipped by our notice over the holiday weekend, but for the intrepid eye of Dan B:
“The Stern School will apply $5 million of John Paulson’s gift to support two endowed faculty chairs. The first chair is named for alumnus Alan Greenspan (BS ’48, MA ‘50, PhD ’77), leading economist and former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. Dr. Greenspan was Chairman from 1987-2006, and was the first person to be appointed to five consecutive terms through a period covering four presidential administrations. He has also held a number of board positions. Dr. Greenspan is the author of The New York Times best-selling book, “The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World” (Penguin Group, 2007) and works as a private advisor providing consulting through his company, Greenspan Associates LLC.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.