O’Keefe and his accomplices should be INDICTED
Media Contact, Ilene Proctor
Watchdog Group Urges Maryland Prosecutors To Indict Andrew Breitbart, James O’Keefe And Hannah Giles For Violating ACORN Employees’ Privacy
Washington, DC – Last week, Kevin Zeese, an attorney for VelvetRevolution.us, a national watchddog organization dedicated to clean, accountable and transparent government, sent a letter to both Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler and Maryland State’s Attorney Patricia Coats Jessamy requesting criminal charges be brought against James O’Keefe, Hannah Giles and Andrew Breitbart for violating Maryland’s Wiretapping and Electronic Surveillance Act. A copy of the letter is at http://www.velvetrevolution.us/images/GANSLER-COATS_OKEEFE.pdf.
In short, the letter asserts that Breitbart, O’Keefe and Giles secretly conspired, wiretapped and videotaped employees of the Baltimore ACORN office without their knowledge or consent, and published those videos with the intent to cause harm to the employees and ACORN. Maryland’s law is very clear in requiring two party consent for any videotaping. The letter cites official reports from two attorneys general, the GAO and the House Judiciary Committee which all noted that O’Keefe et al broke Maryland’s privacy laws and edited the tapes to make it appear that ACORN did something wrong when it did not.
O’Keefe has pled guilty to federal crimes in relation to tampering with the phones of Senator Mary Landrieu’s Louisiana office last January, and has since been convicted and sentenced for that criminal activity. He and Giles have been sued by an ACORN employee from California for violating his privacy in a case almost identical to the Maryland case. Just yesterday, Brietbart was implicated in another edited video scandal which falsely accused Department of Agriculture official Shirley Sherrod of racism.
“O’Keefe, Breitbart and Giles have clearly engaged in criminal activity with the intent to harm. Their conduct in Maryland is part of a broad scam, often involving out-and-out crimes carried on across the country for political purposes,” said VR co-founder and investigative journalist Brad Friedman. “They engage in crimes, create fake scandals and then accuse others of criminal activity. We have asked Maryland law enforcement officials to put a stop to this reprehensible and illegal conduct once and for all.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.