Former San Diego ACORN Employee Files Lawsuit
Against Rightwing Activists O’Keefe and Giles
By Brad Friedman
Complaint leaves room for their employer/pimp, Andrew Breitbart to be added as defendant in the future…
Rightwing dirty-trickster and convicted federal criminal James O’Keefe and his accomplice Hannah Giles are being sued for invasion of privacy by a San Diego ACORN worker.
Juan Carlos Vera was fired by the 4-decade old anti-poverty, pro-democracy community organization after deceptively edited and secretly recorded video tapes of a meeting Vera had with O’Keefe and Giles were released by the pair and published on Republican propagandist Andrew Breitbart’s websites. The tapes were then widely aired on Fox “News”, as well as non-Rightwing media outlets.
One Comment to “Former ACORN employee files suit against O’Keefe and Giles”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.