Just like Bill Clinton, who reportedly made some agreement with Bush I to drop the scandal
called “Iraq-gate,” and Iran/contra, in exchange for… what, exactly? Whatever Clinton thought he’d get out of that deal, the Bush Republicans went right ahead and sought by every means conceivable (except outright assassination) to abort his presidency.
And now Obama, having steadfastly refused to prosecute Bush/Cheney (for a lot of doings that make Iran/Contra and Iraq-gate look like jaywalking and shoplifting), finds himself in the crosshairs of the GOP. That’s the thanks the Democrats just keep on getting for their efforts to “reach out” to those who would like nothing better than to kill them.
When will they ever learn?
Will Obama Be Investigated After Letting Rove Off the Hook?
From the outset of his administration, President Barack Obama has said that he will “look forward, not backwards” when it comes to apparent crimes by the George W. Bush administration.
What has been Obama’s reward? Republicans now are pushing for an investigation of his administration over alleged dealmaking connected to senatorial campaigns.
You heard that right. Karl Rove and other “loyal Bushies” apparently will escape scrutiny, while Obama could be under fire for his involvement with U.S. Senate campaigns in Pennsylvania and Colorado.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.