May 31, 2010
We are outraged, stunned and broken-hearted that the Israeli Navy has not only intercepted 6 ships that were carrying humanitarian aid to the 1.5 million people in Gaza who are living under an Israeli-imposed siege, but has actually killed and wounded dozens of these brave humanitarian activists.
This must be a turning point for U.S. policy toward Israel. Nobel Laureates from Nelson Mandela to Jimmy Carter and Aung San Suu Kyi have condemned Israel’s brutal action. Where is Obama?
A White House spokesperson stated that President Obama “deeply regrets the loss of life and injuries sustained.” We need to hear a STRONG CONDEMNATION of this abominable attack, and it must be accompanied by action: an immediate cut off of all aid to Israel and sustained pressure on Israel to lift the siege of Gaza.
Organize or join protests in your community against Israel’s attack on the humanitarian flotilla. Call for the aid workers to be released and allowed to complete their humanitarian mission. Find events near you and post your event details here.
For people in the U.S., call or sit-in at your elected officials’ offices and demand that they condemn Israel, call on Israel to lift the siege of Gaza, and cut off all U.S. aid (learn more about the deadly impact of U.S. military aid to Israel here).
For the latest news on the Gaza Flotilla, check www.gazafreedommarch.org. The over 700 human rights activists, including Ret. Col. Ann Wright, who were aboard the boats need your solidarity. Take action now!
With grief for the fallen,
Dana, Farida, Gael, Gayle, Joan, Jodie, Medea, Nancy, Prerna, Rae, and Victoria
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.