The Fate of the Internet. Decided in a Back Room.
by Tim Karr
The Wall Street Journal just reported that the Federal Communications Commission is holding “closed-door meetings”with industry to broker a deal on Net Neutrality– the rule that keeps control over the Internet with the people who use it.
Given that the corporations at the table all profit from gaining control over information, the outcome won’t be
The meetings include a small group of industry lobbyists representing the likes of AT&T, Verizon, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, and Google. They reportedly met for two-and-a-half hours on Monday morning and will convene another meeting today. The goal according to insiders is to “reach consensus” on rules of the road for the Internet.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.