Obama DOJ Is Stonewalling on Records Connected to Siegelman Case
The Obama Justice Department is withholding more than 250 documents related to the recusal of
the U.S. attorney whose office oversaw the prosecution of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman.
John Aaron, an attorney in Alabaster, Alabama, filed a Freedom of Information request in early
2006 seeking information about the recusal of Leura Canary. The Justice Department, then under
the control of George W. Bush, turned over almost no information, so Aaron filed a federal lawsuit
Barack Obama appointees, of course, now oversee the Department of Justice (DOJ). But Aaron’s lawyer says the department continues to stonewall and has asked a judge to throw out the lawsuit.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.