From Annie Hall in South Carolina:
Subject: A SC poll worker’s comments on Alvin Greene
Saw your article via News from Underground feed in my Google reader. Thank God someone finally mentioned the voting machines.
I am a poll worker in the Columbia, SC area and worked Tuesday’s primary. We had a very low turnout–304 voters out of 2,000+ registered; party turnout was virtually 50/50. What struck me on the tally for our precinct was the Greene vote. With a little over 150 democratic votes cast, almost all votes were cast for Greene, and I found this highly suspect. Never have I seen a candidate get so close to 100% of a party vote. This virtual unanimous vote only occurred with Greene–voting for the other candidates was reasonably spread out.
Please keep on this story. In my opinion, the only logical explanation for this craziness is the voting machines. Living in SC is quite an experience but I would be so honored if this debacle led to real scrutiny of the voting machines.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.