The Gulf “spill” has us paying for many things–one of which is Big Dick Cheney’s view that conservation is for sissies, and his secret sitdown, right after BushCo’s coup, with the top dogs in the energy cartel, and all that happened afterward; and so we’re also paying for the media’s acquiescence in that early crime (among scores of others, including BushCo’s coup).
So where has Dick been since the rig exploded? He’s been uncharacteristically reserved–very different from his usual mouthing off, like a Mafia kingpin daring the authorities to try and nail him. Even with Obama in the White House, and Eric Holder (therefore) wearing his blindfold and earplugs, Cheney doesn’t seem to feel it would be wise to say a word in public.
Could it be because his gang, Halliburton, was BP’s accomplice in this crime for which there aren’t sufficient words?
BP and Halliburton’s Role in the Gulf Oil Disaster– Well Casing Horror Story
By Rob Kall
Right from the beginning, it was reported right away– that Halliburton’s job was to cement and seal the well casing. But I misunderstood what that meant. I took it to mean that Halliburton’s job was to seal the connection between the well-head and the top of the pipe that was drilled 18,000 feet into the ground.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.