Obama’s FCC to Abandon Net Neutrality?
by Megan Tady
Is the Obama FCC siding with the largest cable and phone companies, and against Net Neutrality and universal Internet access?
The Obama administration has long vowed to protect Net Neutrality and bridge the digital divide, and FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski picked up this baton when he took up his post last year. But now Genachowski appears to be wavering.
According to an article in the Washington Post, Genachowski may sit on his hands rather than “reclassify” broadband to make sure the FCC can protect Internet users. The decision not to reclassify would be a grave mistake – one that would threaten the Internet as we know it.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.