BuzzFlash suggests (http://blog.buzzflash.com/discussion/046) that the American division of BP ought to be nationalized ASAP. Why not? Who would now dare argue that this ruinous profit-seeking giant functions more efficiently than any state-owned entity? (Well, some will say that, even now, but, of course, some people will say anything, depending on who owns them.)
What with the catastrophe unfolding all throughout our southern waters, maybe
threatening the survival of the very planet, it is time to face the possibility that
nationalization of that corporate monster may well be a matter of self-preservation.
As Michael Collins notes below, “We are the endangered species.”
Too Big to Exist – Big Oil
By Michael Collins
There is no viable solution insight for the out of control oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico. The stunning failure of British Petroleum (BP) raises the question – are these oil giants too big to exist? Are they too dangerous to function in our presence? BP has four permanent deep water structures and 28 boreholes operating at a water depth of greater than 5000 feet in the Gulf of Mexico. What’s next?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.