The horror covered in this documentary is a problem not just in Nigeria, or even just in Africa.
As some of us will certainly recall, Sarah Palin showed herself, incredibly, as soft on witch-hunting back in the fall of 2008, when Kenyan cleric Thomas Muthee, renowned in his own land as a devout witch-hunter, journeyed to Wasilla to bless the governor and her campaign. (Apparently God didn’t listen to him.)
Bizarre it surely is, but it’s not funny.
CFI/Nigeria Leader Leo Igwe Featured Tonight on ‘Saving Africa’s Witch Children’
Originally aired in September of 2008 on BBC’s Channel 4, the documentary details atrocities taking place in some of the poorest parts of Nigeria, where primitive religiosity and a widespread belief in sorcery and black magic has tragically led to thousands of children being branded and persecuted as witches.
From the BBC Website:
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.