“Chances are” for oil to reach islands after late week change in weather, says Bahamian official
The Bahamas’ Chief Climatological Officer warned that oil may soon wash ashore on the island chain because of changing weather conditions in the Gulf of Mexico.
In a Tuesday interview with The Nassau Guardian, Michael Stubbs said, “As Friday approaches we see the weather pattern changing and what would happen then is the winds in the area would be flowing clockwise, making it possible for oil floating on the surface to make it to the notorious loop current. So once the particles move into the loop current the chances are for it to reach our area.”
One Comment to “Oil soon coming to Bahamas, officials fear”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.