Well, since he apparently discusses our food policy with Monsanto, and net neutrality
with AT&T, why shouldn’t he discuss “job creation and the economy” with Jamie Dimon
and these other oligarchs?
Obama Dines With CEOs Before His Economic Speech
By Roger Runningen and Nicholas Johnston
May 4 (Bloomberg) — President Barack Obama solicited advice and lobbied for his policies at a White House dinner with corporate leaders including JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie
Dimon and Caterpillar Inc. CEO James Owens.
Dimon and Owens were among 13 members of the Business Council whom the president invited for
the session last night in the State Dining Room before giving a speech, scheduled for 11:05 a.m. Washington time today, on job creation and the economy to the 77-year-old organization.
The president’s agenda for the dinner included the legislation pending in the Senate to overhaul U.S. financial regulations, as well as administration efforts to spur economic growth, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said yesterday.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.