Richard Ellis sent this letter to the NYT:
With all the casting about to figure out who to blame for BP’s catastrophic oil spill, it would appear that the time has come to revisit the embargo placed on the April 2001 meeting of President Bush’s “Energy Task Force.” We do know that present at the meeting were representatives of Exxon-Mobil, Conoco, Royal Dutch Shell Oil, and the American subsidiary of BP.
Isn’t it time that the details of that meeting were revealed once and for all? Even though knowing what promises were made and what deals were struck will do nothing to staunch the flow of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, it might help us to understand why it was allowed to happen in the first place.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.