Aside from what this says about the nominee: What will Justice Kagan do when Siegelman’s
case finally comes before the Court? Will she recuse herself?
Siegelman Judge Asked To Recuse
As Kagan, Rove Oppose Reviews
What’s Your Reaction:
Imprisoned businessman Richard Scrushy, a defendant in the most controversial federal prosecution of the decade, last week repeated his call for the presiding judge to remove himself — even as the disputes widened to include reported Supreme Court contender Elena Kagan, up to $50 billion in scandal-ridden Air Force contracts, and Karl Rove’s best-selling new memoir.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How the Christian right was formed by GM, GE, Standard Oil and other pious outfits
- “It will still take years to heal,” warns scientist who discovered ozone layer hole, back in 1985
- Who’s tuning in to all those fascists yammering on NYC talk radio? Almost no one in New York…
- NYTimes calls for MORE AGGRESSIVE preservation!
- Monsanto admits it has a whole department for smearing anti-GMO activists
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- For their Statement of No Confidence in drone war consigliere Harold Koh, NYU law students feel the heat from their professors
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn't just the drones...)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.