Interior Department sued over BP oil spill
As lawsuits over the BP oil spill mount, a group of conservationists and fishermen have a new target: the U.S. Department of Interior’s Minerals Management Service.
Earthjustice, an environmental law firm, and New Orleans’ Waltzer & Wiygul filed suit in federal court on Tuesday against the federal agency. The suit – Gulf Restoration Network and Sierra Club v. Salazar – charges that the agency violated federal law by exempting oil companies that drill in the Gulf of Mexico from disclosing blowout and worst case spill scenarios as well as plans for dealing with them before approving the companies’ offshore drilling plans.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.