An Informational Handbook for Running Real Elections, Using Real Paper Ballots, Counted by Real People
Authored by Nancy Tobi
Nancy Tobi is best known as a leader in the national voting rights movement for her seminal work exposing the dangers and fallacies in various election reform efforts past, present and future. She is co-founder, former Chair, and website editor for Democracy for New Hampshire, founder and Chair of the NH Fair Elections Committee. Nancy is also on the Board of Black Box Voting, and is Adviser to Election Defense Alliance and the Election Transparency Coalition. She is the author of “Weary Grace: The Life and Times of an MS-Endowed Democracy Warrior, “Hands-on Elections: An Information Handbook for Running Real Elections, Using Real Paper Ballots, Counted by Real People” and “We’re Counting the Votes and You Can Too”. Her article about election reform fallacies is included in the April 2008 book “Loser Take All” edited by Mark Crispin Miller. Nancy’s Youtube videos can be seen at www.youtube.com/handsonelections.
Do you believe in secret vote counts? If you don’t think secret vote counting belongs in the greatest democracy on earth, and you want to do something about it, then this handbook is for you.
Hackable e-voting machines began to be used in America’s elections in the mid-1960s, then exploded in use after the 2000 election, and they now count the lion’s share of America’s ballots. With computerization came privatization of our elections as well. Your vote-the right by which all your other rights are secured-is now the private property and trade secret of corporate e-voting industrialists. These for profit corporations seize our ballots, count them in secret, tell us what the results are, and then lock away the records, so nobody can ever verify our election results.
This is no way to run a democracy! We need to reclaim our public elections. Fortunately for us, it turns out this is something we all can do!
Using this Handbook you can learn about:
*how our votes are or are not being counted
*the people running our elections
*how to run real elections
*how to overcome challenges in taking back our elections
*the federal government’s role in our elections
*the people making the decisions affecting our elections
*citizen election watchdog groups
List Price: $28.00
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.