Flash Protest of BP Oil Hemorrhage, New York City
6:00 – 6:15pm
May 28th 2010
BP service station on Lafayette and Houston
*Don’t be early – Don’t be late
WHO: Code Pink NYC, Freedom Glory Project, and the citizens of New York
WHERE: BP GAS STATION, 21 EAST HOUSTON STREET (at Lafayette)
WHEN: May 28th, 2010 6:00pm – 6:15pm
WHAT: : Drenching themselves with oil, hundreds of protestors will gather to shame BP. Protesters will mourn the deaths of the 11 workers, devastation of wildlife, and livelihoods destroyed all along the Gulf Coast. They will call for BP to be held accountable, for an end to offshore drilling and for a total restructuring of our energy towards renewable clean sources.
WHY: – BP, TransOcean and Halliburton must halt drilling world wide – BP, TransOcean, and Halliburton must not be allowed new drilling permits – Immediate shutdown of Atlantis Platform in Gulf, 89% of critical blueprints not approved – Oil companies redirect energy and financing to renewable clean fuels; – US government to expose the true extent of the disaster – The halt of censorship and intimidation of the press – Accountability for BP’s criminal actions – Cooperation with the press, scientists, and others assisting with the cleanup The point is participation, not perfection. If these companies and powers defeat us, that is a shame. However, if we defeat ourselves by being indifferent, callous, numb, and fearful, that is a tragedy we all will have to live with for the rest of our lives. I ask you all to muster your courage and love and join us in
giving British Petroleum back its oil. The event has near 400 people attending and over 9000 who have received it. This could be the biggest protest of this disaster yet…
Keep pushing it, send it to your friends.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU spy chief sees NO Russian troops in East Ukraine
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- NYU gave John Sexton’s son a duplex in the Village, despite a “severe housing shortage” for the faculty
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers “2 + 2 = 5!” (3 items)
- Kiev junta orders military to attack pro-Russian protesters (just after CIA’s John Brennan pays a secret visit there), says Yanukovich
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Brian on In California, GMO food labeling law will be on ballots on Election Day!
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers "2 + 2 = 5!" (3 items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- NYU gave John Sexton's son a duplex in the Village, despite a "severe housing shortage" for the faculty
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.