Flash Protest of BP Oil Hemorrhage, New York City
6:00 – 6:15pm
May 28th 2010
BP service station on Lafayette and Houston
*Don’t be early – Don’t be late
WHO: Code Pink NYC, Freedom Glory Project, and the citizens of New York
WHERE: BP GAS STATION, 21 EAST HOUSTON STREET (at Lafayette)
WHEN: May 28th, 2010 6:00pm – 6:15pm
WHAT: : Drenching themselves with oil, hundreds of protestors will gather to shame BP. Protesters will mourn the deaths of the 11 workers, devastation of wildlife, and livelihoods destroyed all along the Gulf Coast. They will call for BP to be held accountable, for an end to offshore drilling and for a total restructuring of our energy towards renewable clean sources.
WHY: – BP, TransOcean and Halliburton must halt drilling world wide – BP, TransOcean, and Halliburton must not be allowed new drilling permits – Immediate shutdown of Atlantis Platform in Gulf, 89% of critical blueprints not approved – Oil companies redirect energy and financing to renewable clean fuels; – US government to expose the true extent of the disaster – The halt of censorship and intimidation of the press – Accountability for BP’s criminal actions – Cooperation with the press, scientists, and others assisting with the cleanup The point is participation, not perfection. If these companies and powers defeat us, that is a shame. However, if we defeat ourselves by being indifferent, callous, numb, and fearful, that is a tragedy we all will have to live with for the rest of our lives. I ask you all to muster your courage and love and join us in
giving British Petroleum back its oil. The event has near 400 people attending and over 9000 who have received it. This could be the biggest protest of this disaster yet…
Keep pushing it, send it to your friends.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Two countries don’t guarantee paid maternity leave: Papua New Guinea—and the USA!
- Chicago PMI marks biggest drop since October, 2008
- Average US household worth 1/3 less, while assets of the 1% keep soaring…
- What is stray current doing to us? The utilities don’t want us asking…
- Veteran spooks call on Obama to release the evidence (if any) that the Russians did it
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- On MH17, some theories that make sense (unlike the shrill crapola we keep hearing)
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.