Flash Protest of BP Oil Hemorrhage, New York City
6:00 – 6:15pm
May 28th 2010
BP service station on Lafayette and Houston
*Don’t be early – Don’t be late
WHO: Code Pink NYC, Freedom Glory Project, and the citizens of New York
WHERE: BP GAS STATION, 21 EAST HOUSTON STREET (at Lafayette)
WHEN: May 28th, 2010 6:00pm – 6:15pm
WHAT: : Drenching themselves with oil, hundreds of protestors will gather to shame BP. Protesters will mourn the deaths of the 11 workers, devastation of wildlife, and livelihoods destroyed all along the Gulf Coast. They will call for BP to be held accountable, for an end to offshore drilling and for a total restructuring of our energy towards renewable clean sources.
WHY: – BP, TransOcean and Halliburton must halt drilling world wide – BP, TransOcean, and Halliburton must not be allowed new drilling permits – Immediate shutdown of Atlantis Platform in Gulf, 89% of critical blueprints not approved – Oil companies redirect energy and financing to renewable clean fuels; – US government to expose the true extent of the disaster – The halt of censorship and intimidation of the press – Accountability for BP’s criminal actions – Cooperation with the press, scientists, and others assisting with the cleanup The point is participation, not perfection. If these companies and powers defeat us, that is a shame. However, if we defeat ourselves by being indifferent, callous, numb, and fearful, that is a tragedy we all will have to live with for the rest of our lives. I ask you all to muster your courage and love and join us in
giving British Petroleum back its oil. The event has near 400 people attending and over 9000 who have received it. This could be the biggest protest of this disaster yet…
Keep pushing it, send it to your friends.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- If he gets his way, Connecticut State University will be destroyed by Gov. Dannel Malloy (a Democrat)
- Final text of TPP confirms that it will kill free speech and many people, too
- “Government of the people”? Which people? Nearly half the cash poured (so far) into “our” next presidential race comes from 158 families
- Teapot Dome 2.0! Arne Duncan hands out millions to Ohio’s charter schools—the worst in the US—then skates away
- Trump owns millions in the companies he rails against for “stranding” cash offshore
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the "case" against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Why is Putin bombing ISIS? Because the US isn't bombing them at all! (And why is that?))
- Who is killing all those "natural health" physicians in America?
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.