In India and the Philippines, they’re using electronic voting that can be hacked quite easily
–as easily as our op-scans and DREs have been subverted time and time again (and
no doubt will be this November).
And in India and the Philippines, there are voices raised against so dangerous a system,
just as there are here. Are they audible enough to make a difference in those places?
Here, such voices have been barely audible at all, thanks to our indifferent media (both
mainstream and left/liberal).
So let’s hope that those democrats in India and the Philippines prevail, and get that
insecure and overpriced machinery thrown out.
And let’s also start a serious discussion of what’s happening here on the election
front–and join hands with our friends abroad, for this must finally be not just
a national but a global movement to restore, or realize, democracy.
From Vickram Crishna:
India’s EVMs are Vulnerable to Fraud
A team has put together a brief presentation available at the link above showing a series of methods
to compromise the Indian EVM. As one of the slides – on software compromises – shows, attacking an EVM can be done well in advance of an election, leaving it open to remote tampering either during or after balloting, or even during counting, to skew results as wanted. Even the EC will not be able to discover such an attack, unless it physically takes apart all such compromised machines. Doing so of course can only be ordered if the stolen election is patently obvious, which would hardly be the case for a cleverly skewed count.
As we have concluded in this forum before, there is no compelling reason to deny voters proof
(on paper) of their cast votes, evidence that can easily be retrieved in order to enable election
officials to countermand an election at any voting booth. Doing so might help reduce the numbers and severity of attempts to compromise balloting.
And from another friend:
Joey de V tells Comelec to scrap PCOS; go manual
By Dateline Philippines
MANILA, Philippines – With less than a week before the May 10 polls, a senatorial candidate is calling for the scrapping of the 82,000 precinct count optical scan (PCOS) machines that will be used in the nation’s first fully automated national and local elections.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.