Charlotte Dennett, author of The People v. Bush: One Lawyer’s Campaign to Bring the President to Justice and the National Grassroots Movement She Encounters Along the Way
In conversation with Mark Crispin Miller at the McNally Jackson Bookstore, Tuesday, June 1, 7:00 p.m.
52 Prince St.
(b/t Lafayette & Mulberry)
The latest in our ongoing series of events with authors and books of a political nature–and that might be trashed or overlooked by the MSM — brings in Charlotte Dennett.
Dennett is an author and attorney from Vermont. She practices negligence, civil rights and family law, and has presented cases to the Vermont Supreme Court. She’s also been a reporter in the Middle East, and is co-author, with her husband, Gerard Colby, of Thy Will Be Done-The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil. She’s also a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post.
Dennett recently ran for the Attorney General position of the state of Vermont. She lost that race to a less progressive candidate, but found as she ran that she was becoming the focus of an increasingly vocal movement for moral and legal accountability by the US government, especially pertaining to the still-unprosecuted malefactors of the last administration–architects of two wars, of an extra-judicial torture regime, and of rampant invasions of privacy and subversions of civil rights. Such is the subject of The People v. Bush.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.