BP Prepares to Take New Tack on Leak After ‘Top Kill’ Fails
Thus the New York Times reports today (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/us/30spill.html).
So we’re all waiting for BP to solve this problem? BP, which caused the problem in the first place, through its own apocalyptic greed and swaggering incompetence? BP, whose “clean-up” so far is a frightful joke, compounding the original catastrophe?
And we’re asking BP how it’s going, and what they’re planning next, as if their take on things is
worth considering–when they’ve been lying from the start, and working very hard to cover up
the situation, by forcing a vast black-out on the press?
Apparently I’m not the only one who thinks that BP’s management should not be running anything
right now, but facing charges. The government should seize the corporation’s assets, including
its equipment, and start listening to some people not on BP’s payroll–people who might know
how best to stop the leak, and clean the lands and waters that the oil is killing even as we speak
That, at least, is what the government would do if it were ours and not BP’s.
“Why Isn’t BP Under Criminal Investigation?” ask ex-EPA officials
by Jason Leopold
BP ‘Lying Or Incompetent’ About Scope Of Gulf Oil Spill, says Ed Markey
Oil Spill Is ‘Beyond The Capacity’ Of BP To Solve, Military Might Have Role, says Colin Powell
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.