BP Prepares to Take New Tack on Leak After ‘Top Kill’ Fails
Thus the New York Times reports today (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/us/30spill.html).
So we’re all waiting for BP to solve this problem? BP, which caused the problem in the first place, through its own apocalyptic greed and swaggering incompetence? BP, whose “clean-up” so far is a frightful joke, compounding the original catastrophe?
And we’re asking BP how it’s going, and what they’re planning next, as if their take on things is
worth considering–when they’ve been lying from the start, and working very hard to cover up
the situation, by forcing a vast black-out on the press?
Apparently I’m not the only one who thinks that BP’s management should not be running anything
right now, but facing charges. The government should seize the corporation’s assets, including
its equipment, and start listening to some people not on BP’s payroll–people who might know
how best to stop the leak, and clean the lands and waters that the oil is killing even as we speak
That, at least, is what the government would do if it were ours and not BP’s.
“Why Isn’t BP Under Criminal Investigation?” ask ex-EPA officials
by Jason Leopold
BP ‘Lying Or Incompetent’ About Scope Of Gulf Oil Spill, says Ed Markey
Oil Spill Is ‘Beyond The Capacity’ Of BP To Solve, Military Might Have Role, says Colin Powell
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.