via CLG (Citizens for a Legitimate Government):
Judges Rule Against Detainees at Afghan Base
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP) — Detainees at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan cannot use U.S. courts to challenge their imprisonment the way detainees in Guantanamo Bay have, a federal appeals court ruled Friday in a victory for the Obama administration.
Three appeals court judges said in an unanimous decision that because Afghanistan is a war zone and that the United States in effect has sovereignty over Guantanamo Bay swing the balance against the detainees.
Unlike Guantanamo Bay, ”it is undisputed that Bagram, indeed the entire nation of Afghanistan, remains a theater of war,” the judges said in turning aside the requests of a Tunisian and two Yemeni prisoners.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.