Timeline for health care reform
By Claes Bell * Bankrate.com
After the tumultuous debate over health care reform ended, many Americans were surprised to find that key parts of the law won’t take effect until years into the future.
In fact, many of the sweeping changes — an end to insurance companies withholding coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, government-regulated insurance marketplaces and the individual requirement to buy coverage — don’t take place until 2014.
Some measures, such as closing the infamous Medicare Part D “doughnut hole” in prescription drug coverage, will come even later.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Top US “journalists” helped Obama hone his (propaganda) speech on ISIS
- The latest evidence that Scotland VOTED NO
- A more extensive video on the (rigged?) Scottish vote
- Was Scotland’s referendum rigged—and was it caught on tape?
- Why Earth demands this march in New York City: A reply to Arun Gupta
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.