In a 74 to 37 vote, House lawmakers narrowly overrode Gov. Mark Sanford’s veto of the
warrant-less search bill Wednesday.
That means law enforcement will soon be able to search those on probation and parole
without a warrant.
Earlier this month, the Senate overrode the veto, meaning the bill can now become law.
The bill applies to the bodies and vehicles of those on probation and parole but not their
One Comment to “Warrantless search bill becomes law in South Carolina”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.