From Garland Favorito:
Note to VoterGA Supporters:
Normally my communications have been limited to subjects about our electronic voting method, ballot access for candidates and elections related investigations. I feel led to make an exception and bring to your attention another non partisan subject: The high profile investigation that has been initiated into Friday’s death of a former Georgia state senator.
Saturday March 27, 2010
On Friday, former Senator Nancy Schaefer and her husband were found dead in their home in Habersham County. Even before a GBI investigation could be initiated, media outlets began pronouncing that their death was a “murder-suicide” and shut off most public comment posting on their web sites. The “murder suicide” theory implies that Sen. Schaefer’s husband shot her and then killed himself (or vice versa). Both Habersham County and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation began investigating the case as a “murder suicide” rather than the more obvious murder made to look like suicide”. Like so many people, I have known former Sen. Nancy Schaefer for 15 years and spoken to several people who know her better than I do. They believe
that the “murder suicide” theory is highly unlikely for any one of the following reasons:
1. It is totally against Nancy Schaefer’s consistently strong commitment to the sanctity of life principles that she has fought so valiantly to uphold;
2. Nancy and her husband, Bruce, have five children and more than a dozen grandchildren who they would not choose to leave behind so abruptly;
3. Bruce’s problem with cancer was corrected and under control so there was no reason to end
his life as one senator tried to imply;
4. Nancy or Bruce would not likely agree to commit such an act that violates the fundamental principles of their Christian faith;
5. Bruce was retired and the couple did not appear to be in any type of dire financial crisis that would lead them to commit such acts;
6. Bruce and Nancy knew that her sister who had Alzheimer’s disease needed her to help take care of her;
7. Friends who knew the couple best state that Bruce would simply not have the capability to
kill his wife;
8. Nancy was dedicated, as a national leader, to help needy people overcome abuse within
Child Protective Services organizations;
9. Nancy was actively exposing corruption within the Department of Family & Child Services (DFCS) including actions by the DFCS director in the county where she lived.
10. Nancy knew that she was needed in the fight against child sex slave trafficking in Atlanta
which has one of the highest activity rates in the country;
11. Bruce was highly supportive of Nancy’s work for decades and would have little or no reason
to suddenly try to kill her at such a critical juncture in her career.
Specifically in Georgia, former Senator Nancy Schaefer had found during the last few years that:
· DFCS in Georgia housed children in a foster home with a known pedophile who molested
· DFCS in Habersham County failed to remove six children from a home where they are being abused and tortured.
· DFCS in Georgia turned two girls over to a California father who had a pornographic video business.
A report that Nancy Schaefer produced on these remarkable cases can be found here:
Nancy Schaefer was also interviewed extensively by talk show host Alex Jones about corruption in Child Protection Services nationally. A multi-part series of her interview and an Eagle Forum presentation can be found on You Tube here:
In addition, Senator Schaefer led opposition to HB582 and SB304, two bills introduced by fellow Republicans that would have likely resulted in increasing child sex slave trafficking. These bills would have made it legal for teenagers to participate in certain illicit acts. The bills effectively removed the legal authority that police now have to pick teenagers up and get them into protective custody so that they can no longer be pimped for those acts.
As President of Georgia Eagle Forum, Nancy Schaefer planned to be in Alabama this weekend for an Eagle Forum convention. Instead she chose to stay in Georgia to develop new information that would have further exposed corruption in DFCS and beyond. Many Eagle forum members who were close to Sen. Schaefer were aware of her courageous efforts. None of them believe that either she or her husband was involved in any type of suicide.
It is particularly ironic that the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) chose to quote State Sen. Don Thomas in their March 26 article about Sen. Schaefer’s death. The AJC portrayed him as a friend of the couple even though he lives on the other side of the state from the Schaefer family and was diametrically opposed to many of their core beliefs. Sen. Thomas, the Chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee, immediately propagated and expanded the “murder-suicide” theory without any first-hand knowledge or evidence. That is very disturbing considering it is his committee that should have been helping to clean up the corruption at DFCS. Activists supporting Sen. Schaefer explained that he constantly advocated increased power and authority for DFCS in spite of the evidence showing the organization was misusing that authority.
With Nancy Shafer no longer on the scene the question may be raised as to how best to continue her legacy. I believe that she would want conservatives, progressives, libertarians, constitutionalists as well as grass roots Democrats and Republicans throughout Georgia to unite and work to rectify the corruption in DFCS and eliminate child sex slave trafficking in Georgia.
*** *** ***
Sent: 3/31/2010 7:06:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: FW: Was The Death of Georgia State Senator Nancy Schaefer By the Hand of Her Husband?
They were buried in GA today, and this case warrants further investigation. Her invitation to a function in D.C. would only be accepted by her if she could have two bodyguards assigned to both adjacent rooms with unlocked access doors on either side. They had just completed a Video documentary which was shot 2 days earlier.
Was The Death of Georgia State Senator Nancy Schaefer By the Hand of Her Husband?
The recent death of Nancy Schaefer, former Georgia State Senator, and, most recently, President of the Georgia Eagle Forum of Georgia, has stirred some serious controversy. As a state senator, Nancy had become aware of extensive use of the Georgia Child Protection Services to allegedly kidnap children for profit, sexual exploitation, and, perhaps, other forms of abuse.
When she tried to get this problem exposed and addressed through the Georgia legislature, her fellow legislators acted to silence her efforts and, as promptly as possible, cause her to be defeated in her third term re-election effort. Undeterred and understanding the gravity of this unpublicized epidemic and the deep damage it was doing to children and families and our country, Nancy became President of the Georgia Eagle Forum and continued her efforts to get this issue addressed.
Because she was the only prominent advocate for this cause, families from all over Georgia came to her with the stories and evidence of the nightmares they had been going through, while agonizing that they could get no one but her to listen. She was in possession of damaging and dispositive information associated with prominent people in Georgia who had participated in and “benefited”, in one or another, from the activities of this “human trafficking” operation. If you understand the history of this kind of thing, you will recognize that she would have had enough information to put “important people” in jail.
On Thursday, March 26, it was reported that Nancy (73) and her husband Bruce (74) were found dead in their bed, her having been shot in the back while asleep, and he having been shot in the chest, and that there was a gun lying near him. Also found in the home was a four page “suicide letter”, purportedly from Bruce Shaefer.
In that context, here is what the law enforcement authorities disseminated through the media:
The first statement issued said that it was likely that the deaths were effected by Bruce Schaefer as part of a suicide pact with his wife, resulting from their mutual despondency over the terminal state of Mr. Shaefer’s his supposed cancer condition, and that they they were such a close loving couple that Nancy did not want to be separated from her husband by his death. Without going into great detail, anyone who understands the nature, mindset and worldview of someone like Nancy Schaefer, would have recognized that theory as being pure poppycock. And why would the investigators’ release such a statement without strong confirming information? In fact, this theory was quickly determined to be totally bogus, because, as an autopsy revealed, Mr. Schaefer had no terminal illness whatsoever.
The next theory proposed was that they had financial problems which caused Mr. Schaefer to kill his wife and himself, apparently without her consent. No murder-suicide pact here, just his independent action. But is there evidence that this financial condition so severe that this loving husband would kill his wife on his own initiative? They lived in the same community with their daughter who visited them every other day. Apparently she did not know about this very desperate state of financial affairs. These people were conservatives, and, although not a certainty, not likely to participate in financial speculation. (By the way, nothing I have seen so far states what his life’s work was.)
So what evidence did authorities have to speculate that financial problems were at the root of Mr. Schaefer’s purported actions. The answer is NONE. However, the language used by Habersham County Sheriff Joey Terrell and reported by the Atlanta Journal & Constitution implies vaguely that the evidence for financial destitution MIGHT be found in the aforementioned four page letter or in letters supposedly left for his children. However, what the Sheriff is really said is that they found nothing in the letter about financial problems, but that they are going to continue to look for it. Look at this peculiar statement from the AJ&C:
There may be indications that finances played a role in the case, Terrell said, but nothing he has seen so far establishes a clear motive.
“The evidence might be in the letters. It might not,” he said. “We might not ever know.”
Folks, how hard is to read a four page letter and determine if the writer was upset over financial matters? If THAT was the reason for what he purportedly did, wouldn’t it “stick our like a sore thumb”? Is this a bad reflection on the competence of the Georgia education system? What do they plan to do, use a magnifying glass to look for secret writing somewhere on the page? BOTTOM LINE: They have no motive for Bruce Shaefer to have “pulled the trigger” even once, not to mention twice.
So, who would have had solid motives? The obvious answer is government officials with whom Nancy Shaefer was very familiar. Who in public office in Georgia might not have known who Nancy was and what she was working on? Not many. But will the “investigators” turn their attention in that direction? It is commentary on the state of affairs in America that it would a miracle for the criminal justice to actually direct its attention to the most likely place evidence motivating the crime could be found. If we the people can’t change this, we have NO HOPE.
For much of the rest of the story and NEW revelations, please tune in via the Internet tonight to what is called the “Politics 101 Show” between 8 pm and 9 pm at www.WAFS.tv. You will hear the results of some dedicated first person research activities.
14 Comments to “The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- DNC drops “Democratic” mask, as Hillary takes it over, openly. (This is not a joke.)
- Stock market rallies on Jo Cox’s murder
- “Muddy the waters,” through “stories with no fingerprints”: Leaked emails show DNC colluded with the press to bolster Hillary, screw Bernie (2)
- Stanford Paper confirms ELECTION FRAUD put Hillary “ahead”
- Donald Trump is not the only bigot running for the White House
- How many delegates do Hillary and Bernie have, and how many does each need? This guy does the math…. on
- How many delegates do Hillary and Bernie have, and how many does each need? This guy does the math…. on
- New ABC/WashPost poll has Trump (just) ahead of Clinton nationwide on
- Cellular and cordless phones will give the whole world cancer on
- In Queens and Brooklyn, would-be voters “outraged by broken machines, closed polling places” on
- DNC drops "Democratic" mask, as Hillary takes it over, openly. (This is not a joke.)
- "Muddy the waters," through "stories with no fingerprints": Leaked emails show DNC colluded with the press to bolster Hillary, screw Bernie (2)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.