“Sarah Palin’s Alaska”–on Discovery!?
- She accelerated Alaska’s cruel aerial wolf-hunting program while in office, introducing a $150 bounty for each slaughtered wolf’s forelimb.
- She made a personal appeal to Alaska voters to oppose a ballot measure that would have stopped the immense Pebble Mine operation from dumping cyanide and mining waste into streams that make their way to Bristol Bay, home to the largest sockeye salmon fishery in the world.
- When President Bush finally agreed to list the polar bear as a threatened species in 2008 because of global warming’s effects on its habitat, the governor sued to challenge the listing.
- Armed with her “Drill, Baby, Drill” catchphrase, Palin called for opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and the Cook Inlet to oil and gas drilling.
4 Comments to ““Sarah Palin’s Alaska”–on Discovery!?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.