From Peter B. Collins:
A federal judge in San Francisco this week ruled that Bush’s domestic wiretap program was clearly illegal. Judge Vaughn Walker, a Republican appointee of Bush I, deftly sidestepped the efforts of the Obama Justice Department to block him from hearing the case, and found the plaintiffs had been illegally surveilled.
Jon Eisenberg is the lawyer for the plaintiffs, and in our interview he compliments Walker for his legal finesse and for finding that his clients–an Islamic charity and its lawyers–were wiretapped in violation of the FISA law. Eisenberg talks about possible appeals and the contradictions of the Obama/Holder policies, and how he and Judge Walker both challenged the government to produce a FISA warrant for the proven wiretapping.
This is the first, and possibly last, legal case on the illegal wiretapping that continues to be euphemistically referred to in the media as “warrentless wiretapping.”
You can listen to the podcast and comment here:
The second segment of the podcast is my follow-up interview with journalist H.P. Albarelli, Jr. about his book A Terrible Mistake, which reveals the truth about the murder of CIA scientist Frank Olson and the CIA’s use of assassination and drugs, including LSD, going back to the 1950’s and ’60’s.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.